Gas Roaster Large
- Cooking area of 1350mm x 540mm.
• Cooking capacity on large gas roaster is 40kg,
cooking area 1.35m x 0.55m.
• This unit is an instant heat with 0 to 200 deg Celsius
in only 3 minutes.
• The circular cooking system rotates hot air around the food, so
you will find the front and the back are the hottest spot.
1. Be sure any combustible surface is at least 0 .6m away form the roaster.
2. Ensure that the roaster is placed on a solid surface.
3. The roaster must be level-adjust using thumbscrew on legs to raise or lower each end.
4. Place fat container (not plastic or paper) under the drain outlet at the front of the roaster. A metal container with
handle to hang on bracket provided is recommended.
5. The roaster is designed for propane gas - LPG only.
1. Lift lid before lighting.
2. Turn on gas at gas cylinder.
3. Depress pilot light button and hold for 20 seconds.
4. Whilst still holding down pilot light button, push igniter switch until pilot light ignites. (Pilot light can be viewed
through pilot light viewing hole.) Hold pilot light button down for a further ten seconds and then release.
5. Once pilot light is on, select desired setting by depressing high or low.
6. Close lid and enjoy your cooking! (Do not lift lid too often, as this reduces efficiency).
7. After use, turn off at control valves on gas cylinder.
Product at room temperature, these times will depend on the quality of the product, atmospheric conditions and the
Chefs/Cook/Operator’s personal requirements.
1. Let the unit cool down, remove the foil lining at the base of the roaster.
2. Use hot soapy water to wash down all the fat then wiped over with a clean cloth.
With the gas line connected to the controller unit - Turn gas on at bottle and check for leaks. Use
soapy water - Brushover joints on gas bottle and connection at gas taps and watch for bubbles.
Caution should be exercised when using appliances employing heat. Tighten gas bottle connection
with fingers (left hand thread). Keep gas line away from potential hot surfaces.
Whole pig 40kg 4 to 5 hours
Whole lamb 20kg 3 to 3.5 hours
Whole butts 25kg 5.5 to 6 hours
Whole turkey 7.5kg 2 to 2.5 hours
Whole snapper 8 to 9kg 1.5 hours
Whole topsides or rumps 4 to 4.5 hours
Roast vegetables 1 hour approximately
Scone/cakes/puddings varies, much the same as an oven.
Hiring Terms & Conditions
Please read our hiring terms and conditions